Youth for the SDGs
January 20 – February 10, 2024
Peace Boat US is excited to announce the 2024 Youth for the SDGs Patagonia Voyage, January 20 to February 10, 2024, as part of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development.
The Patagonia voyage will take place onboard Peace Boat’s 116th Global Voyage, sailing through the fjords of Chile and Argentina.
Our Youth for the SDGs Program is endorsed by IOC UNESCO as a contributor to the UN Ocean Decade.
Key Program Points
- Programs in ports of call
- Lectures and workshops onboard with guest educators
- Professional development
- Learning about climate change impact in the Patagonia region
- Water testing and citizen science
- Cultural experiences onboard with passengers coming primarily from Japan and East Asia
Program and itinerary details will be announced soon.
- Fee – $5000. The fee includes travel onboard the Peace Boat, onboard programs, shared cabin accommodation (additional fee for single cabin if available), meals during the program, and port programs. This fee does not include travel to/from the ship, travel insurance, and other incidentals.
- All ages and backgrounds welcome to participate.
- Scholarships are available for ages 18-30.
- Registration and scholarship application deadline is December 20, 2023 (EST).