Would you like to create an amazing learning experience for your students? Are you a student looking for a unique experience that will set you apart, or interested in a life-changing travel opportunity onboard Peace Boat?
Peace Boat voyages are open to everyone regardless of age, gender, sexuality, nationality, ideology or creed. As a Japan-based international NGO, the majority of participants onboard Peace Boat are from Japan, forming a microcosm of Japanese society with a strong international component. At the same time, we actively encourage people from all over the world to take part in a Peace Boat global voyage. This opportunity to travel the world while experiencing Japanese culture is actually one of the biggest draws for non-Japanese participants. The largest age group onboard is composed of retired people, but there are also many young people – on some voyages as many as 40 percent of participants are under 30 years old.
The creative, energetic and harmonious atmosphere onboard Peace Boat encourages people to become friends with others whom they may not ordinarily have a chance to get to know.
How do you sign up?
1. Contact us: The process of planning and preparing for your voyage with the Peace Boat will vary depending on your specific interests, schedule, number of participants, and other factors, a process which we will facilitate with you from start to finish. Please inquire about your options regarding programmatic content, cabin availability, price (based on segment, length, space availability, number of participants, cabin class), travel insurance, travel to and from the Peace Boat, and any other questions you may have.
The following steps are a general overview of the process.
2. Prepare Documentation
- Participants’ passports should have at least six months left after the end travel before expiration.
- Depending on your nationality and the countries you will visit during your voyage, you may need to apply for visas. We can assist with the visa application process as necessary, including application letters and other support, but please note that sufficient time is required.
3. Complete Registration and Payment
4. Pre-Voyage Preparation: We will work closely with you to provide as much guidance and support as needed to ensure a safe, comfortable, and rewarding experience.
- Travel arrangements to/from Peace Boat is the responsibility of the participant, unless we work with you to arrange travel for a student group or similar.
- Preparatory studies and other tasks will depend on the specifics of your program and travel plans.
The travel component of our programs is offered by Japan Grace Co., Ltd., the licensed travel operator of the Peace Boat.